I'm expecting!

That's right. My husband and I are expecting a baby girl in late March of this year. We are super excited cause we have been trying for years and it's finally happening.

As of right now, I am 31 weeks and 3days. I don't know why it has taken me this long to announce this but I have taken the time to do so now.
When we first found out, I was already 8 weeks pregnant. I wasn't having any morning sickness, but what I was having was bad bowel movements that everytime I would eat, that would make me go to the bathroom (tmi?). I would also feel very sleepy and tired, I had very sore boobs (week before my periods this would happen, so I didn't think to much about it), and in long car rides I would get dizzy (which was twice). My period was always irregular that it would take sometimes up to 45 days to come so I didn't think to much about it too. I remember, I finally told my husband that we needed to buy a pregnancy test cause I didn't want to go to the clinic and waste my time if I wasn't and be disappointed there. So we did one late August night. As soon as I got home I took the test and sure enough there were two pink lines. I was in disbelief that I took the second one, which was electronic, and said pregnant. We couldn't believe it. We were both like "what did we do differently?". I told him that I think it was cause I started drinking tea. I don't know but I still believe that. It cleanse my body. Also, that it was god telling us that we are ready to grow our little family.
At about 26 weeks I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes.  It's been a little hard for me just because I had to change my eating habits. I was so used to drinking coca cola that I honestly felt like I was having withdrawals, haha. Also, had to stop eating a lot of fast food. So far I've been doing kind of good in keeping my sugar levels normal but kind of bad maintaining a healthy pregnancy weight. Since I am considered overweight, I was only instructed to gain 15lbs to 20 lbs. But since my diet has changed I am still at my pre pregnacy weight. It's pretty crazy and very understandable since I'm not eating all the fatty foods. So now, my dietician has instructed me to try to gain at least 1/2 lb a week throughout the rest of my pregnancy. To tell you the truth, that is kind of hard. I'm definitely trying though.
So much time has gone by and this baby has been super good to me. No nausea or morning sicknes, which I am thankful for. The only thing now is that she's really low and is always by my bladder and makes it hurt. It's hard to get up from bed cause of the pain. It's not painful just a little mild. She likes to move around at night the most when I'm laying down. I think I'm starting to get those Braxton Hicks false labour symptoms.  I don't know but my back starts to hurt, I get low menstrual like cramps and almost every night a huge lump pops up from the left side of my stomach. Don't know if that's the baby or my uterus.
I hope my labour is as good as my pregnancy.  I'll keep you all up to date.
Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I would like to share something with you....

Paul Frank Julius Monkey Cake

Promotion and B-day Cake