Good things come when you wait patiently

Wow! I have some good news.  Some news which I have been waiting for for like 4 or 5 years, and other news which has to do with a contest.

First good news.  About 4 or 5 years ago, I took a test for employment with the United States Postal Service.  I took one test for the District of Riverside and the other for the District of Santa Ana.  I passed both test.  Well, a couple of days later I get an interview for a Rural Carrier for Riverside, but I was denied because I needed at least 2 years of driving experience, which I didn't have. Now, years later, I get an e-mail stating that I was chosen for an interview for the District of Santa Ana (which includes Santa Ana, Anaheim, Long Beach, and City of Industry processing and distribution centers)for the position Postal Support Employee (PSE) Clerk.  This position is working in the processing and distribution center in any of the four locations.  It's not for a mail carrier position.  I'm excited because I did get the job, pretty much if you pass the test you get the job you apply for but only if you are called in for an interview.  So now I'm just waiting to see where I'll be working at.  I'm hoping I get either Santa Ana or Anaheim but it's not guaranteed. We shall see.


Second good news.  I won two tickets to go to the premiere of the movie Real Steel starring Hugh Jackman in Los Angeles, CA on October 2nd.  I haven't won something in a long time.  When I was in my early 20's, I would win tickets to concerts and events a lot.  Like every month I was some where new and for free.  This time I get to thank Bing, the Bing Insiders (aka Bing Advocacy Program), and especially Tanya the team Manager  for choosing me to be the winner. I can't wait and I will keep all of you posted as to what happens next in my life.  =) 


Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I would like to share something with you....

Paul Frank Julius Monkey Cake

Promotion and B-day Cake